Thursday, July 5, 2012

Maxfield Cardigan


I got a chance to meet Amy Christoffers when I was in Columbus for TNNA. It was her first time at market and it was so fun to see her excitement and energy. She let me peek through the eyes of a newbie and it made the show bright and shiny for me too.

She's designed several really great things using our yarns. Her latest, the Maxfield Cardigan, is no exception. Amy has the gift for taking classics and adding a little something to make them seem fresh. Here, she's made chevrons brand new. I especially like the way the back and sleeves have the chevrons spaced and the front has them all over. It will make the knitting more interesting. 


 I wore Maxfield on the opening day of the show. I can't tell you how many times I got stopped and asked about it. I pretended that at least part of the reason was that they wanted to say 'hello' to me, but I know it was all about the sweater.
 It's knit in our Honor, a 70/30 blend of alpaca and silk. It's a nice DK that was perfect for the super air conditioned convention center. This one is knit in Cookie's Deep Dark Secret (MC) and one of our new colors, Pocket Square (CC). We worked with lots of shop owner to make their own color combos. The possibilities are pretty endless and it's a great use for multi colored yarn.
We have six new colors this season. Keep and eye on the blog and FB and stuff and you'll see them all over the next week or so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOw, one of the best-looking cardi's I've ever seen! LOVE THIS!!!

Unknown said...

Still magnificent! Wish Webs had more options I want to make this and the Laika in lornas laces. Great colors! Great sturdiness. No wonder designers use this yarn!

Unknown said...

Great cardigan great yarn. I tip my hat to you, lornas laces.

Pasta Recipes said...

Hi thaanks for sharing this