Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Splash!

Not long ago, we got an email from Nikol Lohr of the Harveyville Project asking us for some yarn for a swimsuit coverup. At the risk of sounding like the slow, plodding knitter that I am, my first thought was "how will she ever have it done before fall sets in?"

Well, smack my hands and wash my mouth out with soap. Not only is it finished, it is spectacular! This is Splash. It's published in the online magazine, Craft.












It's knit using the old shale lace pattern in our Pearl in Fiddlehead. The pattern is nicely written and illustrated with lots of details about how to do the bind-off and how to weave in ends. I'm more than a little impressed with it.

Another sweet touch is that Nikol showed the pattern on two different sized models so that we can all envision ourselves in the dress.














Did I say dress? Yes! It's also shown with a little slip underneath which would take this from beachwear to everywhere! Genius.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Super cute. Could be worn w/a tanktop and leggings/jeggings/jeans also!

Rin said...

Wow. Just...wow. This is incredible.