Thursday, May 5, 2011

MDS&W

Once again, I find myself in Chicago on the weekend of Maryland Sheep and Wool. This year, it's for a good reason, Amanda is getting married!

For those of you who are lucky enough to be going, you should stop by the Bijou Basin Ranch booth. They're over in Barn 4.






















You might be wondering why Lorna's Laces is pointing you towards the Bijou Basin booth. Well, it's because we dyed up a very limited amount of their Tibetan Dream Sock Yarn. 85% yak and 15% nylon. Who wouldn't like a pair of those socks?
















From the top, the colors are Tannhauser, Tristan, Lohengrin, Parsifal and Siegfried. The day Carl sent over the names, I'd just gotten an email from a friend telling me about the production of Lohengrin they'd seen over the weekend. I might not have known what it was otherwise. Now I am more well versed on the big German operas.

They only have a few skeins of each of the colors so you'd better hurry if you want some.

On a more personal note, Michael and snuck away for a quick trip to NY last weekend. With Amanda heading out for a two week honeymoon tomorrow and market right around the corner, I knew it was now or never.

We saw the Van Cleef and Arpels exhibit at the Cooper-Hewitt. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a little concerned that Michael might get bored, but there was enough technical detail that he had fun too.

The other big thing we did was see Good People with Frances McDormand. I'd give it a big thumbs up. It's only running for a couple more days, so you'd have to see it this weekend.

Oh and I can't forget...We ran into the taping of the new Spiderman movie. We didn't see anyone famous, but it was neat to see facade of the Oscorp building.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm not at the show, but enjoying watching the tweets and what not. The yarn looks wonderful!