Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Bride Wore Green

I had the distinct pleasure of seeing Amanda get married on Saturday night.

The bride wore green.

















Her dress was designed and stitched by Annie Modesitt. The shawl was designed my Miriam Felton of Mimknits and knitted by Nathania Apple from Purlescence. What a lucky girl!
















Daniella at Knitique knit socks on her antique sock machine for the groom and all the groomsmen.























We had a fantastic time. It was at the Swedish American Museum in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago. There was good beer, BBQ and macaroni and cheese that might have been almost as tasty as mine.
















Derek and Amanda are off galavanting in Hawaii. Here's to the beginning of a long and happy life together.

12 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you thank you thank you for posting these photos! Amanda looks so lovely. xo

Lorna's Laces said...

Her FB page has a few more. She was all that and a bag of chips.

Meli said...

Oh my Goodness I love that dress and that shawl..and those socks!

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Mary Beth said...

I love the dress and the color...not my choice for my wedding. But I gotta check out the old knitting machine.

Shannon Okey (knitgrrl) said...

So beautiful! Congrats again, Amanda!

Aimee - L'OisiveThé said...

Fabulous!! Love that she wrote green and she wears it well!

Anonymous said...

This is the way weddings were intended. Personal, tight knit (sorry about the pun), simple, yet elegant. Love the dress, shawl and the socks are awesome! You can just feel the love!

Christy said...

Gorgeous! If I ever remarry I dream that I will look as pretty and fresh and springy as she does!

Unknown said...

Just lovely! Green is my favorite color so that dress is right up my alley! The shawl is fabulous and the socks - gorgeous!! The wedding couple isn't bad either!

Stefanie said...

What a fun couple to know!

Pam said...

I was hoping someone would post pics of the most fun couple imaginable. Can't wait to see them both at TNNA.

fairy godmother said...

A beautiful dress for a beautiful bride. :-)