Thursday, May 21, 2009

Guilt Free Sweets!

I am constantly amazed and humbled by the creative things people do. Because I work with yarn and love to eat, most of the things I notice have something to do with yarn. Or food. Sometimes even both.

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from Marlon van Peijpe-Metzelaar in Amsterdam. She's been knitting away at these guilt-free pastries since November and has just opened a "bakery" on etsy.

Her original inspiration came from a book by Susan Penny but she's taken it to a whole new level. It makes my mouth water just looking at her creations.

With swimsuit season just around the corner, this is the only kind of cake that should be crossing my hips lips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those cakes are so "sweet"--thanks for sharing. Now I want one!

ChaosGarden said...

I am just reading through your blog in the last week or so and keep coming back to stare at those images today. It's a shame she's no longer around but it has given me all sorts of inspiration for stuffed "treats" for my little brother and the children of friends.