Friday, January 23, 2009

Pearl Yarn

Remember last fall when we brought out Amy's Vintage Office colorway? And Amy-Friendly yarn? It's the silk/bamboo blend that we got so Amy Singer could make something in her own color that she wasn't allergic to.

Well, we got such a monster response to the yarn that we decided to release it full bore across all 134 colors that we dye! We launched it at TNNA and it will start shipping in earnest in a few weeks under the name Pearl.

We changed the name for two reasons. First, we didn't want confusion with Amy's Vintage Office and Amy-Friendly yarn. We have enough trouble keeping things straight around here and didn't want to make any mistakes. Second, the yarn is all shimmery and Pearl seemed to fit. It didn't hurt that our mascot (my harlequin Great Dane) is named Pearl either.

Besides just selling the yarn by the bag or by the skein to your LYS, we did a cute little kit with it.

Inside the "Pearl Shell" you'll find a skein of Pearl and the pattern for the Lyerka Scarf by Kenny Chua of The Boy Who Knits fame.

4 comments:

grumperina said...

Oh, this is super exciting! I am very sensitive to wool (and allergic to just about all other animal fibers), so when I knit for myself I usually opt for a sure thing, like silk! I can't wait to try this yarn, and I'm so glad it's available in all the colors.

Trifarina said...

WANT!!!!

Plum Texan said...

Hooray! I just saw the update at knittyblog...I'm so thrilled I'll finally be able to use Lorna's Laces!

Unknown said...

PRETTY!!!