Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All that and a bag of chips

The weekend was chock-full. So full that I ended up sneaking out of here Monday right after lunch. Sometimes a girl just needs some time on the couch or else she isn't so much fun to be around. Just ask anyone who works here.

Saturday started with a tour of Lorna's Laces for a local guild. It's something we do from time time. I have a good time giving the tours and I like to think everyone enjoys coming for them too. I talk a little about how Lorna's Laces came into my life, about all of our yarns and then I do a dye demo.

Then we dashed over to Yarn Con. It was beyond fantastic. It was so big that it took over two ginormous rooms at Pulaski Field House. Franklin sold out by 2:00, Bonne Marie Burns and I talked about a few things, and even though only the Ann part of the Mason-Dixon Knitting team was able to make it, they've agreed to be part of Color Commentary! Squeal!

The lovely creature pictured here is Poll E Cotton. Poll has been appearing at various fiber events over the past year and a half or so. People get to take a turn adding a bit to her skirt. Early on, she seemed a bit of a tart in that micro-mini. These days she's taken on a more matronly demeanor.

I got a chance to spend some time with Poll. It's really neat to see how differently each person approaches her. Stockinette, garter, entrelac, bobbles, cables, crochet. You name it, someone chose to incorporate it. What a genius idea!

No comments: