Thursday, June 12, 2008

Columbus TNNA

Goodness, it's been a long time. Prepping for TNNA got the better of me this time around. Now I have so much to share with you that it will probably come over the course of the next several days.

We left for Columbus mid morning on June 5. There was the usual scramble at the last minute to pack barely-dry yarn and the sweater that arrived via FedEx. This year we had one sweater that didn't make it. Yikes!

We spent the drive making swatches for the new Green Line colors. I posted awhile back about procrastinating. This was what I was procrastinating about. For some reason, I just couldn't make myself sit down and design new colors for it. Silly, huh? Anyway, I finally got them finished and I think they were worth the angst wait.

So, without further ado, here are the five new Green Line colorways. All of them are available in both the DK and Worsted.

This is Fresh.













And this is Passion.













Verve.













Ingrigue.













Last but not least, Sublime.














Speaking of Green Line colors, while we were setting up, Bobbie from Ewe Knit Kits came by with an adult version of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. It uses all the solid colors in the line. Pretty spectacular, isn't it? And our Miss Amanda looks very fetching.


This trip was a whirlwind of socializing business meetings. Usually dinners are booked pretty solid, but I had breakfast engagements every morning as well. Thursday evening we had dinner with Craig, Laura and Mark from Loop and Patricia and Margo from Patricia's Yarns I've known Craig and Mark for years and I'm so glad they brought along new friends.

Friday night was Laura and Doug of Jimmy Bean's Wool. Laura was the first LYS owner I met when I bought Lorna's Laces. And, she was the web designer that created our website. She doesn't come to TNNA nearly often enough. I'd like to see her more.

More tomorrow. Among other things, there are new Purple Line colors to share

1 comment:

Cher said...

Ooh! I love the new colors. So glad you did it!