Friday, February 1, 2008

FO's and WIPs

The snow started falling in the middle of the afternoon yesterday. It was still going strong this morning on the way to work. Now, it's just past lunchtime and it's starting to let up. Looks like we got about a foot of snow.

Last night, Sam sat down and knit a brand hat to keep her ears warm today. She used three colors of our Swirl Chunky; Vera, Island Blue and Cedar. She just knit in the round for about 6 or 8 inches and used the 3-needle bind off. Voila. Quick, easy and toasty. What's not to like?

Stefanie is working on her first toe-up sock. It's Charlene Schurch's Oriel Lace. Stef is our in-house sock knitter extraordinaire, so it surprised me hear there was anything new to her when it came to socks. She mentioned she'd tried it a couple of years back when she was pretty new to the sock thing and abandoned the project mid-heel. I'm glad to see she's back on the horse!


This next shot is of Sam's technicolor laptop case. She's using up odd bits from several projects she's finished over the past 6 months or so.

Sam works a couple of days a week at one of our LYS's, Nina. It's a really pretty shop.

I like having someone here that also has a foot in the retail world. I get so focused on what we do here at Lorna's Laces that I sometimes don't do as good a job as I should of seeing what else is around.

That's kind of a double edge sword. I don't want to know TOO much about what other companies are doing because I want to maintain the integrity of our products. At the same time I need to keep my fingers on the pulse of what is making knitters happy. I guess it's a balancing act, just like everything else in life huh?

No comments: