Wednesday, December 5, 2007

NYC, WIPs

Our trip to NY was wonderful. The play was even better than I'd hoped for! I'm particularly pleased for the lead actress, Deanna Dunagan. This is her Broadway debut and she's getting standing ovations. I've met her once or twice and it almost made me cry, I was so proud. Could I be a bigger dork?

We stopped at ABC Carpet and Home on Sunday and found a chandelier that might work in our dining room. I've never liked the one we have and after three years, I think it might be time. I can't say I'm actively looking for a new one, so I've decided to "glance". With any luck, in another three years the glancing will result in something I like. I worry that this one is a little too goth. One of our friends suggested that I paint the current one and see how it feels. This seems like a good idea. A can of spray paint seems like a much more reasonable investment than an entire chandelier.

If we do decide we like the look, we'll probably have to find another source. We stood around waiting for someone to help us for at least 10 minutes. The sales person was working with another client, but couldn't be bothered to so much as acknowlege our existence. I understand being busy, but a quick nod or "I'll be with you when I've finished up here" would have gone a long way to making me a happier camper. I have to admit I'm not the most patient of souls, but I don't think that's too much to ask.

There are just a couple of things in the WIP file today. First up are Stefanie's fingerless, flappy-top gloves. These are made from some handspun she picked up at Stitches Midwest this year. This is her last holiday gift project. No flies on her!











And here is the shawl I've been working on for the past week or so.
All the different stitch patterns have made it a good project for me. Nothing is complicated, but there's enough going on to keep me interested. Even better, it's one of those projects where I feel like "if I can just finish one more row" something magic is going to happen. While I haven't actually found the magic, I remain ever hopeful......Much like a Laborador Retriever.

No comments: