Monday, September 10, 2007

Oprah and tidbits


My niece is a huge Oprah fan (she's the one on the right) and has been trying to get tickets to a taping for years. Her persistence paid off and she invited me to join her last Thursday. It sure wasn't what I expected. For some reason I thought there would be more interaction with the audience and that I would walk away feeling all warm and fuzzy about the experience. It didn't turn out that way. I had started to write a long post about the day and have decided instead to embrace the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." My mother would be proud.

Speaking of mothers, mine is in the hospital. The tests just came back and it looks like everything is going to be just fine and she'll go home tomorrow. You could probably hear the sigh of relief from where you are. Hospital+89 year old mother=lots of anxiety and very little sleep. Glad that's over.

I have some fun pics and such from the weekend, but I'm a little drained right now. Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

ames said...

you mean you didn't even get to have the classic oprah awesomegift moment where you find the keys to a new car and 40 million dollars under the seat, and spend the next 20 minutes screaming, crying, and hugging your seat mates while jumping up and down?

bummer.